More progress. I've added blocks of wood 6mm below the top of the module ends, cut four lengths for risers and two more lengths to connect the risers. It's fairly light. As suggested to me I screwed the sections together before the glue sets.
Next step is to attach the length connecting the risers... as time allows!
Another small step... I've now glued (or "No More Nails" but we all know it's actually glue) two lengths of 1200mm timber to each module end. The "front" one is set 6mm back from the edge of the module ends to allow 6mm MDF to be attached to it. The next step, once the glue sets, is to screw the lengths to the module ends. I'll do the usual risers to support the track bed.
Here's my rough plan for my first module (TM) based on the bridge just south of the Ohau crossing loop which is itself south of Levin. It's 1.2m long (so should fit in the car), and has a bridge in the middle of it.
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been busy with other distractions. I'm slowly selling off my 1:64 models and kits I've collected over the years but never got around to building up. Oh well. Keep an eye on TradeMe for things that I'm selling.
Meanwhile, a few weeks ago I acquired two of Mark's Model Works Micro Module End Plates (TM, or MMWMMEP for short). I finally got around to gluing the short section of track between the two notches tonight. Progress!