NZ120 Micro module VI

The long weekend gave me a chance to get stuck into the micro module build:

Some of the recycled polystyrene...
First I painted the back scene sky blue. Ideally I'd like to do one of those fancy hi-res pics of New Zealand scenery, but budget limitations etc... one day maybe.

I've wired up the tracks as well, one set of feeders one end. The feeder wires are connected to a chocolate block connector... not sure how we'll work this in future.

The front part was then painted dark green. I don't know why but this always seems to look better than any other colour. The remaining MDF / polystyrene I've painted "Burnt Sienna"; after a coating of some spray-on adhesive I added a little dirt.

Then on to building the bridge piers/supports and abutments. The supports aren't perfectly square, but will be once I get to them with a bit of sandpaper... first step is to dry them out.
Abutments and piers added...
The piers themselves have steel wire through them, mainly to steady them. The bridge itself is freestanding (i.e. the track can be soldered together and trains drive straight over... but where's the fun in that?) so the three bridge spans / piers will just be for show. But then everything in model railways is for show...

Comments

  1. good work Lewis. look forward to updates.John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. The piers and abutments are slowly drying out. They'll probably take a bit more shaping up to get right.

      Delete
  2. Very nice Lewis. I've just ordered 2 of your 30ft bridge spans - then realised I needed a third. Oh well next order ! If I can find dimensions for concrete piers I might cast some in dental plaster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I made the same mistake funnily enough, not sure how.

      Delete
  3. I assume that the module will have MMW ends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep I've got two already on this module. Will order some more shortly to make corner modules :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment